Guest article by Paige Cook- Flight Attendant for Southwest
- Stay hydrated! Nothing can feel more exhausting than not having enough water in your body. Dehydration causes headaches, exhaustion, and constipation.
- Use hand sanitizer! I read a study recently about how long certain germs and viruses can flourish on an airplane. It’s ideal that you use hand sanitizer and avoid touching your face.
- Pack healthy snacks! Airport food isn’t always the healthiest option. Pack some almonds, an apple, or a Clif Bar. Eating to fuel your body rather than to satisfy your taste buds will help keep your energy levels high!
- Lift Caps! Sometimes I need a little extra perk to keep me going. Airport coffee is expensive and doesn’t have added nutrients. I’ll take Lift Caps at the beginning of my day and it always makes me feel bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- Rest! Make sure you rest up before your trip. A rested body makes for a stronger immune system!
Paige is a wife and mother of two who has worked eight years at Southwest as a flight attendant. She loves traveling, staying healthy, interacting with people and running marathons, so she knows what it takes to stay healthy when traveling.