- Blood is needed every 2 seconds.
- About one in seven people entering the hospital needs blood.
- Blood is always needed for treatment of accident victims, cancer patients, hemophiliacs and surgery patients.
- Blood cannot be manufactured or harvested.
- Only 37% of our country’s population is eligible to give blood, and less than 10% donate annually.
- If I do not need blood, at some point I will know a friend, neighbor, family member, or co-worker who needs a blood transfusion.
Your investment of time and your gift as a volunteer blood donor deliver the greatest possible return. Donating blood takes about one hour, including a mini-physical and health interview. Within about 10 days, your blood will have already reached someone in need. Where else can you volunteer one hour of time and save up to three lives?
When I donate, I visit one of the 6 local KC Area Community Blood Centers which is part of an independent, not-for-profit organization. The Kansas City Royals and the Community Blood Centers are having the annual “Royals Week” blood drive this year from Monday, July 6 through Sunday, July 12. Schedule your blood donation today!
Please help the effort and schedule a visit to one of your local Donor Centers. Donors can access the website at www.savealifenow.org to learn more about CBC and access Schedule Your Appointment Now to set up an appointment during that week. Get in the Game! Donate during July 6 to July 12th!
Thank you! Go Royals!